The Weekly Grill podcast host Kerry Lonergan this week turns up the heat on young NSW Wagyu beef producer, Charlie Perry.
Mr Perry, who lives and works on his family-owned and operated Trent Bridge Wagyu beef property near Guyra, returned to his passion for agriculture after a successful career in business consulting, and hasn’t looked back.
Since taking over management of his family enterprise in 2016, he’s overseen substantial growth in the family business, despite some of the worst years of drought on record, with a focus on productivity gains, genetic indicators and sustainability.
Mr Perry is the 2022 Zanda McDonald award winner for young industry stakeholders, and serves as the current president of the Australian Wagyu Association, representing Wagyu breeders, lotfeeders and other supply chain stakeholders across the nation.
Now in its eighth year, the Zanda McDonald Award supports talented and passionate young professionals in the ag sector from Australia and New Zealand.
- Latest cattle market wrap with TEM’s Matt Dalgleish and Stockco’s Chris Howie
- Cattle Baron Peter Hughes
- ALFA president Barb Madden
- Author and rural identity Sally Warriner
- Australia’s chief vet Mark Schipp, on Lumpy Skin Disease and other key biosecurity issues
- Herron Todd White’s Tim Lane
- RCS’s Terry McCosker on carbon
- Beef processing plant manager Wasa Mudannayake
- Head of asset performance for Macquarie Group’s MIRA Agriculture division, including Paraway Pastoral Co, Jock Whittle
- Veteran beef industry leader David Crombie
- Beef Central’s regular live export market commentator and columnist Dr Ross Ainsworth
- Cattle market wrap with TEM’s Matt Dalgleish and Stockco’s Chris Howie
- Australian meat Industry Council’s Patrick Hutchinson
- Agriculture Minister David Littleproud
- Council of Australia president Markus Rathsmann
- Patrick Warmoll, the boss of Jack’s Creek Wagyu
- Veteran pastoral company executive Roger Halliwell
- Retired non-packer beef exporter, Richard Rains
- Carbon trading expert Toby Grogan from Impact Agriculture
- Red Meat Advisory Council chair John McKillop
- Stud cattle showing identities Gary Noller and Rob Sinnamon
- Veteran Victorian cattle buyer David Ronalds
- Beef processing legend ACC’s David Foote
- Live export class action facilitator Tracey Hayes
- Signature Beef’s Blair Angus
- Consolidated Pastoral Co chief and Livecorp chairman Troy Setter
- Nutrition scientist and MLA board member Manny Noakes
- CCA independent northern and southern directors Alice Greenup and Olivia Lawson
- Australian Agricultural Co head Hugh Killen
- Sydney independent red meat retailer Stephen Kelly
- lotfeeder Charlie Mort
- Processor and supply chain manager, Terry Nolan
- Livestock transport operator Ross Fraser
- Organic supply chain manager Alister Ferguson