The Weekly Grill host Kerry Lonergan this week talks with Australia’s chief veterinary officer Dr Mark Schipp, discussing latest biosecurity issues of relevance to the beef industry – and in particular, the looming threat of Lumpy Skin Disease.
Now appearing on Australia’s doorstep in Indonesia, LSD presents an enormous biosecurity threat to Australian livestock – and not just the beef industry, but potentially sheep and goats as well.
Topics explored in today’s podcast include the issue of vaccine development, and whether Australia should simply use currently existing live vaccines from overseas.
Also see today’s companion article, summarising some of Mark Schipp’s key points.
- Herron Todd White’s Tim Lane
- RCS’s Terry McCosker on carbon
- Beef processing plant manager Wasa Mudannayake
- Head of asset performance for Macquarie Group’s MIRA Agriculture division, including Paraway Pastoral Co, Jock Whittle
- Veteran beef industry leader David Crombie
- Beef Central’s regular live export market commentator and columnist Dr Ross Ainsworth
- Cattle market wrap with TEM’s Matt Dalgleish and Stockco’s Chris Howie
- Australian meat Industry Council’s Patrick Hutchinson
- Agriculture Minister David Littleproud
- Council of Australia president Markus Rathsmann
- Patrick Warmoll, the boss of Jack’s Creek Wagyu
- Veteran pastoral company executive Roger Halliwell
- Retired non-packer beef exporter, Richard Rains
- Carbon trading expert Toby Grogan from Impact Agriculture
- Red Meat Advisory Council chair John McKillop
- Stud cattle showing identities Gary Noller and Rob Sinnamon
- Veteran Victorian cattle buyer David Ronalds
- Beef processing legend ACC’s David Foote
- Live export class action facilitator Tracey Hayes
- Signature Beef’s Blair Angus
- Consolidated Pastoral Co chief and Livecorp chairman Troy Setter
- Nutrition scientist and MLA board member Manny Noakes
- CCA independent northern and southern directors Alice Greenup and Olivia Lawson
- Australian Agricultural Co head Hugh Killen
- Sydney independent red meat retailer Stephen Kelly
- lotfeeder Charlie Mort
- Processor and supply chain manager, Terry Nolan
- Livestock transport operator Ross Fraser
- Organic supply chain manager Alister Ferguson