THE 25th anniversary of the establishment of the Teys Condamine feedlot on Queensland’s Darling Downs will provide the backdrop to an information-packed producer workshop open to all visitors next Friday, 9 October.
The 30,000 head capacity Condamine feedlot has gradually expanded into a showcase grainfed industry facility, as discussed in this article in Beef Central’s earlier Top 25 Lotfeeders profile.
The workshop aims to help provide producers with the opportunity to collaborate with both processors and food-service companies to help understand market drivers and engage with them to build a strong collaborative supply chain.
In addition to the seminar program set out below, visitors next Friday will have the opportunity to undertake a tour of the impressive Condamine facility with feedlot manager, Carl Greaves.
A similar producer day will be repeated at the Teys Jindalee feedlot near Tabbita in NSW on November 27. Beef Central readers will be reminded of that event closer to the date.
- Teys Australia general manager livestock Geoff Teys will open next Friday’s Condamine workshop program with an overview of the Teys Australia business, and where it is heading.
- Teys general manager corporate services, Tom Maguire, will follow later in the program, giving a presentation on Teys’ vision to move into true value-based marketing systems, and embracing more collaborative supply chains
Also speaking will be Meat & Livestock Australia’s Market Information Manager, Ben Thomas, providing a global market update, and McDonald’s Australia Sustainable Supply & Quality Manager Susanne Craig, discussing McDonald’s growing emphasis on sustainability in its business and the move to engage more close with customers. Ms Craig will also outline what McDonald’s customers are asking and explore what this means for the beef industry. She will be followed by MLA’s community engagement manager Jax Baptista, who will deliver a presentation on the community’s perceptions of the Australian beef industry and how this focus is changing over time.
- AusMeat training and auditing manager Ben Robinson will address the gathering on AusMeat grading methodology and standards, while Teys livestock strategic operations manager Jessica Loughland will present on Teys growing emphasis on its various incentive-driven premium branded beef market programs, both grain and grassfed.
- Teys general manager feedlot operations Grant Garey will discuss the company’s growing lotfeeding operations, with sites at Jindalee, Charlton and Condamine, plus extensive use of custom feeding.
- Coopers Animal Health national feedlot manager Brett Kowitz will round-off the speaking program, discussing opportunities to better manager bovine respiratory disease through pre-vaccination programs.
Morning Tea & BBQ Lunch provided during the day.
Entry is free, but intending visitors must register their attendance for catering and logistics purposes.
Contact Jessica Loughland to RSVP no later than Wednesday, October 7 – email@example.com or (07) 3198 9274.
What: Teys Condamine Feedlot Producer Workshop
Where: Condamine Feedlot, 8817 Condamine Highway, Condamine Qld
When: Friday 9 October 2015
Registrations: From 8:30am, program gets underway 9am, for a 3pm finish.