Workplace Health and Safety Queensland is working with vertically-integrated beef supply chain Australian Country Choice, and large-scale cattle producer S. Kidman & Co in hosting a workplace health and safety forum for the beef industry in Roma next month.
The forum, being held on 5 October, will focus on animal handling safety design, technology and leadership and will include visits to three local properties.
The day will begin with a site visit to S. Kidman & Co’s Rockybank property southwest of Roma to view the new set of cattle yards on the property, followed by a visit to ACC’s Brindley Park feedlot and nearby property Niella to view the bud box system and yards.
On return to Roma, a light lunch will be provided followed by short presentations on WH&S at the Explorer’s Inn. Participants will need to be at the Explorer’s Inn, Roma by 6.30am to be ready for a 7am departure to Rockybank. The visits and forum will conclude by 3pm.
Only limited spaces are available so it’s advisable to book early. Click here to register.
- 30am: Gather at Explorer’s Inn, 44228 Warrego Highway, Roma
- 7am: Depart Roma
- 7:30am – 8:30am: Rockybank Station, Mt Abundance – yards
- 8:30am – 9:45am: Travel to Brindley Park, Taroom Rd, Roma
- 9:45am – 10:15am: Morning tea Brindley Park
- 10:15am – 11:30am: Bud box presentation
- 11:30am – 12:00pm: Travel to Niella
- 12:00pm – 12:45pm: Niella yards presentation
- 12:45pm – 1:15pm: Travel to Roma
- 1:15pm – 3:00pm: Light lunch and presentations – Explorer’s Inn.
Date: Wednesday 5 October 2016
Time: 7am – 3pm
Cost: $20 per person.
See earlier Brindley Park story: Is this Australia’s hardest-working cattle crush?