Latest listings on Jobs Central recruitment page:
- General Manager, QLD region (CPC)
- Stock Crew (Rangers Valley)
- 2017 Station positions – Tanbar (Paraway Pastoral Co)
- Commercial analyst (Lawson Grains)
- Senior Biosecurity Officer (NSW Local Land Services)
- Organic beef sales & production representative (OBE)
- Livestock administration supervisor (Bindaree Beef)
- Working manager Miamba feedlot (Teys Investments)
- CEO – Australian Meat Processor Corporation
- Assistant Manager – (Kerwee Lot Feeders)
- Feed Mill Operator – (Kerwee Lot Feeders)
- Boning Room Supervisor – (Harvey Beef)
- Graduates – 2017 Graduate Program (AA Co)
- Mechanic and Farm Hand – Goonoo Farm (AA Co)
- Livestock Roles – Goonoo Feedlot (AA Co)
Click here to access these and other exciting meat and livestock supply chain jobs currently listed on Jobs Central.
EARLY groundwork is underway towards the establishment of a new platform aiming to build a professional development network for stakeholders working in research, development and extension/adoption fields in the red meat industry.
An approach is being made to animal and meat scientists, food technologists, extension officers, vets, advisors and students working or studying in the Australian red meat industry to fill out a brief online survey to gauge interest in such a platform, and how it should be developed. Those recently retired from the industry are also invited to participate.
The outcome could include mentoring work, forums, formalised networking opportunities, an interactive membership-based website and other tools.
Project managers are seeking stakeholders’ input via a brief online survey (click here to access) to help create a professional development platform for the industry. Participants completing the survey will go in the draw to win a $500 Webjet voucher. All individual responses to the survey will be kept confidential.
The RAD Meat project is aiming to develop a platform of activities for Australia’s red meat and livestock industry to help attract new entrants to careers in research, development and adoption/extension as well as supporting and encouraging the retention of the industry’s existing skilled professionals.
Meat & Livestock Australia is funding the project as one of the key sheepmeat and grassfed beef RD&A priorities in the 2016/17 open-call for projects, which were determined through regional consultation held throughout the country.
“The red meat industry has recognised that professional development and support is critical to attracting and retaining professionals in red meat R,D&E,” the project outline says.
The online survey aims to capture views and/or experience of working in a research, development or adoption (extension/advisory) roles in the red meat industry and what stakeholders think a professional development platform should look like.
- Further information on the project can be obtained from project team member Maria Thompson at AgSTAR Projects (email@example.com)