Beef Central’s first week back after the Christmas/New Year break has seen an avalanche of jobs listings posted on our AgJobs Central recruitment platform.
It’s not unusual to see a spike in ag jobs listings in January as the industry starts to get back to work after the holiday break, and this year is no exception.
The range of skills being sought in jobs advertised this week include industry administration and service delivery, cattle and grain farming operations and management, meat processing roles in operations, meat sales and logistics; genetics, research coordination, livestock sales, saleyards management, engineering and maintenance, agronomy and environmental roles, and aviation.
- In the beef production sector, the prospect of another strong summer grass season and expanding beef herds after years of drought has put additional labour pressure on cattle producers, from family scale to corporate
- In the feedlot sector, expansion in many feedyards and national numbers on feed well above one million head means pressure is on for good feed milling and livestock team staff
- In the processing sector, last year’s labour challenges remain, however the forecast growth in slaughter cattle numbers this year means processors are intent on securing more middle management and operations staff.
Listed below are new job opportunities across the meat and livestock industry posted this week. Click here to access the full list, including summaries and links to full job descriptions.
- Cattle Australia CEO
- Business Development Manager, Qld – Stockyard
- Processing Coordinator, Qld – Stockyard
- Manager, Cattle Stud & Farm Operation – Australian Country Choice
- Overseer (2IC), Numby Pastoral – via DroverAg
- Working Crop Operations Manager, NSW – via DroverAg
- Mixed Farming/Cropping Overseer (2IC), NSW – via DroverAg
- Station Hand, Mixed Enterprise NSW – via DroverAg
- Livestock Manager, Qld – via DroverAg
- Cropping Manager, Qld – via DroverAg
- Senior Farm Hand, Qld – via DroverAg
- Director UNE SMART Farms – via Rimfire Resources
- Commercial Sales Designer, Qld – via Agricultural Appointments
- Procurement Officer, Qld – via Agricultural Appointments
- Branch Manager, Qld – via Agricultural Appointments
- Working Operations Manager, Qld – via DroverAg
- Sheep and Cattle Station Overseer, Qld – via DroverAg
- Farm Manager (Sheep/Cattle/Irrigation) Tas – via DroverAg
- Head Stockperson, SA – via DroverAg
- Senior Farm Hand, SA – via DroverAg
- Senior Station Hand, NSW – via DroverAg
- Farm Hand, NSW – via DroverAg
- Site Manager, NSW – Viterra
- Revegetation Agronomist, Landcare – via Rimfire Resources
- MC Livestock Drivers – Frasers Transport
- Aggregation Manager , NSW- via Agricultural Appointments
- General Manager, Oakey Beef Exports – via Agricultural Exports