THERE was a larger yarding of 6225 head at Roma store sale today, up 2300 head on last week.
Quality was varied with large superior runs off feed. All buyers were in attendance along with additional restockers from outside the district and state operating in a market that was firm with quality demanding the elevated prices at times especially on young cattle.
Mixed sex calves less than 200kg made to a top of 350c to average 314c/kg. Weaner steers less than 280kg made to a top of 363c to average 308c. Trade steers over 280kg to feed made to a top of 330c to average 286c. Heavy feeder steers over 400kg made to a top of 306c to average 269c.
Yearling heifers less than 280kg made to a top of 300c to average 282c. Cows topped at 220c to average 190c. Cows with calves at foot made to a top of $1240/unit. Light bulls less than 450kg made to a top of 328c to average 269c. Bulls over 600kg made to a top of 271c to average 246c.
Among the vendor highlights:
- Belfast Investments – ‘Violet Station’, Winton – sold Brahman cross steers for 269c/kg at 585kg returning $1574/head. The Brahman cross cows went for 217c at 538kg returning $1170/head.
- West Farming P/L – ‘Loomeah’, Roma – sold Angus cross steers for 284c at 480kg returning $1364/head.
- Nissi Farming – ‘Bobadilla’, Roma – sold Brahman cross steers for 842c at 440kg returning $1253/head.
- C.J. & C.M. Coomber – ‘Jireh Park’, Roma – sold Hereford cross steers for 306c at 355kg returning $1087/head.
- Ian Brumpton Holdings – ‘Oaklands’, Roma – sold Angus cross steers for 340c at 327kg returning $1114/head.
- L&R White Family Trust – ‘Tarree Bar’, Roma – sold Angus cross steers for 314c at 346kg returning $1089/head.
- A.R & S.M Russell – ‘Gladysvale’, Augathella – sold Brangus steers for 328c at 246kg returning $808/head.
- Rosehearty Graz – ‘Ingle Downs’, Winton – sold Santa steers for 370c at 212kg for $785/head. The Santa cross heifers went for 294c at 195kg returning $573/head.
- RJ & KD Russell – ‘Ingledoon’, Augathella – sold Santa cross steers for 352c at 202kg for $714/head.
- C.J. Russell – ‘Ingledoon’, Augathella – sold Santa cross steers for 352c at 186kg for $655/head.
- Rotherfield Grazing Co – ‘Valoak’, Longreach – sold Santa steers for 338c at 187kg for $633/head. The Santa heifers went for 298c at 216kg returning $645/head.
- AW & EJ Forster – ‘Belfield Station’, Winton – sold Charbray steers for 338c at 263kg for $892/head. The Charolais heifers went for 286c at 271kg returning $777/head.
- E.J & C.F Rolfe – ‘Marie Downs’, Roma – sold Charolais steers for 338c at 231kgfor $784/head. The Charolais cross heifers went for 292c at 236kg returning $692/head.
- G.J. & M.J. Owens – ‘Arranmore’, Longreach – sold Santa steers for 342c at 224kg for $766/head.
- Reynella Grazing Co – ‘Reynella’, Charleville – sold Droughtmaster cross steers for 336c at 253kg for $851/head.
- SR & ML Phelps – ‘Wilga View’, Jackson – sold Angus cross steers for 332c at 266kg for $884/head.
- CJ Keys – ‘Longowan’, Wandoan – sold Droughtmaster steers for 274c at 585kg for $1608/head.
- Rob Cornish – ‘Riverview’, Mitchell – sold Charolais heifers for 280c at 280kg returning $785/head.
- TJ & J.M Caskey – ‘Avalon’, Mitchell – sold Charolais cross heifers for 306c at 206kg returning $632/head.