Click above to watch video market report from Ray White Eastern Rural’s Peter Bird
Yarding 2476 Change 0
Young cattle dominated the sale, while there was a small penning of grown cattle. Quality of the young cattle was mixed, although there were some good runs of well-bred yearlings through the sale. The market was cheaper for feeder cattle, however light yearlings and weaners met very strong restocker competition.
Feeder steers sold to 310c to average 304c/kg to restockers. Feeder heifers topped at 284c to average 270c/kg. Restocker calves sold to a top of 412c, while light restocker weaner steers sold up to 396c to average 330c which is equal to the strong prices at the end of last year’s sale, and heifers sold to 310c/kg.
The grown cattle market was a little easier, with grown steers selling to 285c and heifers to 276c/kg. The medium weight cows averaged 217c and heavy cows sold to 230c/kg.
Grant Daniel Long report:
Good falls of rain around the Dalby area over Christmas and New Year period of 120mm to 150mm made a reduced yarding of 2,476 head. A good panel of buyers and re-stockers got the market off to a good start for 2018.
Heifers up to 400kg – Lowest 260c/kg, highest 284c/kg, Av 270c/kg
Heifers over 400kg – Lowest 276c/kg, highest 290c/kg, Av 281c/kg
Cows up to 400kg – Lowest 153.2c/kg, highest 193c/kg, Av 185c/kg
Cows up 400kg to 500kg – Lowest 190c/kg, highest 217.2c/kg, Av 207.6c/kg
Cows over 500kg – Lowest 215c/kg, highest 227.2c/kg, Av 219c/kg
Steers & Bullocks up to 500kg – Lowest 271c/kg, highest 283c/kg, Av 279.4c/kg
Steers & Bullocks over 500kg – Lowest 258.2c/kg, highest 285c/kg, Av 275.1c/kg
Steers 200kg to 280kg – Lowest 242.2c/kg, highest 394.2c/kg, Av 330.4c/kg
Steers 280kg to 400kg – Lowest 298c/kg, highest 342c/kg, Av 329c/kg
Steers 400kg + – Lowest 285c/kg, highest 300c/kg, Av 294c/kg
Heifers 200kg to 280kg – Lowest 265.2c/kg, 272.2c/kg, Av 268c/kg
Heifers 280kg to 330kg – Lowest 264c/kg, 300c/kg, Av 279.9c/kg
Heifers 330kg to 400kg – Lowest 266c/kg, 284c/kg, Av 270.5c/kg
- D/Master heifers sold by GJ, HL & JG Neill of Tara 302.2c, 280kg, Av $846
- D/Master X steers sold by GJ, HL & JG Neill of Tara 342.2c, 299kg, Av $1023
- Angus heifers sold by EL, JM & JM Peters of Jandowae 316.2c, 260kg, Av $824
- Charolais bulls sold by Postle Pastoral Co of Chinchilla 258.2c, 635kg, Av $1639
- Charbray cows sold by IJ & DC Mitchell of Darr Creek 220c, 504kg, Av $1109
- Santa heifers sold by Swan Hill Cattle Co of Blackall 330c, 235kg, Av $777
- Charolais heifers sold by Swan Hill Cattle Co of Blackall 346.2c, 222kg, Av $770
- Angus X steers sold by Swan Hill Cattle Co of Blackall 396.2c, 195kg, Av $773
- Angus cows sold by JP & MH Rynne of Miles 222.2c, 572kg, Av $1272
- Angus bulls sold by JP & MH Rynne of Miles 248.2c, 955kg, Av $2370
- Charolais X heifers sold by Goonoona Pastoral of Durong 290c, 328kg, Av $952
- Charbray cows sold by IJ & DC Mitchell of Darr Creek good strong store condition with calves $1,500
Source: NLRS, Ray White Eastern Rural, Grant Daniel Long