Click above to watch video market report from Ray White Eastern Rural’s Peter Bird
Yarding 4779 Change 2303
There was solid demand for quality feeder cattle and finished bullocks to slaughter as they came forth this sale. Quality was good, albeit several pens of drought effected cattle were presented.
Light yearling steers up to 200kg to restockers made to 395c/kg. Heavier yearling steers made 338.2c for the backgrounders and heavier feedlot entry weight steers topped 275c/kg. Yearling heifers topped at 342.2c and grown heifers made 278c/kg.
Bulls topped at 318.2c for younger pens for an average of 237c/kg. Most cows made 216c back slightly despite a top of 238.2c/kg for PTIC store condition cows. Open auction mix sex calves made $600/head and cows with calves at foot made $1,710/unit.
Grant Daniel Long report:
Numbers were up on last week’s sale and there was a good attendance of buyers. The heavy cows were down by 20c and bullocks were down by 15c.
Top cows went for 215c and plain condition PTIC red tag cows made up to 238c. The cattle came from as far afield as Windorah, Blackall, St George, Wandoan and also the surrounding areas. Good lines of cows and calves made up to $1,760, most were around $1,400 to $1,580. Open auction calves 4 mths went for $600. – Joe Lehman, GDL Dalby
Heifers 330kg to 400kg – Lowest 261c/kg, highest 275c/kg, Av 268.5c/kg
Heifers over 400kg – Lowest 265c/kg, highest 295c/kg, Av 280c/kg
Cows up to 400kg – Lowest 140c/kg, highest 190c/kg, Av 175c/kg
Cows 400kg to 500kg – Lowest 190c/kg, highest 212c/kg, Av 203c/kg
Cows over 500kg – Lowest 176c/kg, highest 213c/kg, Av 202c/kg
Steers & Bullocks up to 500kg – Lowest 270c/kg, highest 288c/kg, Av 282c/kg
Steers & Bullocks over 500kg – Lowest 265c/kg, highest 270c/kg, Av 268c/kg
Steers 200kg to 280kg – Lowest 262c/kg, highest 378c/kg, Av 338c/kg
Steers 280kg to 400kg – Lowest 284c/kg, highest 329c/kg, Av 311c/kg
Steers over 400kg – Lowest 262c/kg, highest 314c/kg, Av 295c/kg
Heifers 200kg to 320kg – Lowest 253c/kg, highest 336c/kg, Av 290c/kg
Heifers 320kg to 400kg – Lowest 265c/kg, highest 295c/kg, Av 280c/kg
Heifers over 400k – Lowest 262c/kg, highest 265c/kg, Av 262.4c/kg
- Angus steers sold by A Keith & Co of Bell 286.2c, 434kg, Av $1243
- Santa X steers sold by DJ Smith of Windorah 378.2c, 229kg, Av $867
- Santa heifers sold by DJ Smith of Windorah 316.2c, 208kg, Av $658
- Santa steers sold by DJ Smith of Windorah 338.2c, 301kg, Av $1020
- Hereford cows sold by Moogoon Pty Ltd of Goondiwindi 212.2c, 559kg, Av $1186
- Santa steers sold by A & K Walker of Bell 346.2c, 293kg, Av $1016
- Santa heifers sold by A & K Walker of Bell 302.2c, 285kg, Av $861
- Santa ylg bulls sold by A & K Walker of Bell 310.2c, 337kg, Av $1046
- Charolais X steers sold by Davemac Enterprises of Moonie 279.2c, 533kg, Av $1490
- Charbray cows sold by Davemac Enterprises of Moonie 228.2c, 503kg, Av $1149
- Charbray X cows/calves store condition sold by RA Russell Past. Co of Blackall $1,580
Source: NLRS, Ray White Eastern Rural, Grant Daniel Long