CATTLE numbers listed on AuctionsPlus dropped by 3300 head or 25 percent this week, for a total catalogue of 9628 head.
Despite scattered showers in Northern NSW and Southern QLD, demand for cattle online continued to waiver, with a softer clearance rate compared to the recent past. Weaners and heifers made up the majority of listings, and sold well.
Older PTIC females attracted good interest among bidders this week, resulting in some strong prices.
Four-year-old PTIC Angus cows from Mansfield, Victoria stood out, reaching $2120 yesterday.
Another line of 2-3 year old Angus cows PTIC to Te Mania and Kidman Angus bulls, from Coonamble, NSW brought $2110. They are off to a buyer at Quirindi.
A line of Angus/Friesian cows, with their first calf at foot fathered by Limousin bulls reached $2850, making it the top price for the week. The top price out of Queensland went to a line of 3-7 year old Brangus X Wagyu cows from Chinchilla, PTIC to Wagyu bulls, which made $1800.
Steer supply eased this week, however some great prices were still made. A line of Charolais/Angus steers from Coonabarabran, NSW averaging 364kg went for $1345 or 370c/kg, and are heading to Bourke. A line of Angus/Hereford steers 367kg from Coolah, NSW, made $1295 or 352c/kg.
Heifers saw some strong bidding activity. In particular, a line of Booroomooka blood Angus heifers 373kg from Bingara in NSW stood out, making $1910. Another highlight came out of Amby, QLD with a line of Charolais/Charolais cross 2-3 years at 557kg, making $1700.
In a breakdown of young cattle sold, by weight range:
- Steer less than 250kg sold from 368c to 424c/kg to average 392c (down 12c); while heifers sold from 329-398c to average 365c (Up 13c)
- Steer 250-300kg sold from 346-408c to average 382c (up 6c); while heifers sold from 319-379c to average 347c (down 20c)
- Steer 300-350kg sold from 356-393c/kg to average 374c (up 4c); while heifers sold from 322-384c to average 347c (down 23c)
- Steer 350-400kg sold from 344-370c to average 353c; while heifers sold from 314-513c to average 367c (up 17c)
- Heifers 400-499kg sold for 313c/kg.
State highlights: NSW
- 8-10 month old 278kg Angus from WALCHA, selling for 408c or $1135.
- 9-10 month old 253kg Angus/Herefords from WAGGA WAGGA, selling for 397c or $1005.
- 9-11 month old 297kg Angus from BINGARA selling for 396c or $1175.
- 8-12 month old 258 kg Angus/Herefords from BALRANALD, NSW selling for 395c or $1020.
- 20-23 month old 373kg Angus from BINGARA selling for 513c or $1910.
- 10-11 month old 216 kg Angus from COOTAMUNDRA selling for 398c or $860.
- 10-11 month old 246 kg Angus heifers from COOTAMUNDRA selling for 391c or $960.
- 10-12 month old 329 kg Angus from INVERELL selling for 384c or $1260.
State highlights: QLD
- 6-9 month old 183kg Angus/Santa composite from BUNGUNYA selling for 368c or $675.
- 6-8 month old 289kg Limousin/Charbray steers from TOOBEAH selling for 350c or $1010.
- 6-9 month old 179kg Angus/Santa Composite heifers from BUNGUNYA selling for 367c or $655.
- 5-8 month old 280kg Limousin/Charbray heifers from TOOBEAH selling for 341c or $955.
- 8-11 month old 227kg Angus/Santa Composites from BUNGUNYA selling for 335c or $760.
- 22-23 month old 400kg Angus x from DIRRANBANDI selling for 314c or $1255.
State highlights: VIC
- 10-11 month old 249 kg Angus steers from TALLANGATTA VALLEY selling for 424c or $1055.
- 10-11 month old 307 kg Angus steers from TALLANGATTA VALLEY selling for 393c or $1205.