Much of Queensland and other areas across northern Australia missed out on a wet season last year. Half of Queensland is now drought declared.
So the question on everyone’s lips is “Will it rain this year?”.
In this presentation, we will explore the variability of our climate — particularly rainfall (droughts and floods). It will also look at the use and relevance of seasonal forecasts and some tools to aid in decision making. While it will focus on Queensland, it will also cover New South Wales, Victoria and the Northern Territory too.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- an overview of our climate
- the main drivers of our climate at different timescales
- the variability of our climate particularly rainfall (droughts and floods)
- the use and relevance of seasonal forecasts
- case studies using seasonal forecasts
- some tools to aid in decision making.
Note: this presentation was current for September 2013.