Free BeefConnect Webinar
Date: Friday 27 May 2016
Time: 12.30 pm – 1.30 pm AEST
Location: At your computer in the comfort of your home/ office or on the go, using your mobile device!
*** If you have limited internet connectivity, you can still participate by listening on your phone and watching the presentation slides.We’ll send these through to you the day before the webinar. Just make sure to select this option when you register. ***
Topic: From 1 July 2016, there’ll be major changes to the way Johne’s Disease is managed in Queensland. These changes will bring obligations, challenges and opportunities for beef producers. So we’ve invited Dr Lawrence Gavey, who is a veterinarian with over two decades experience working in the area of established diseases and animal welfare, to provide you with a basic knowledge of Bovine Johne’s Disease (BJD) and an understanding of the new Biosecurity Act to assist you to sustainably manage BJD risks in your herd and on your properties.
During this webinar, you’ll hear about:
- Review of current status of Queensland for BJD – outcomes of major incident responses, an overview of current cases and risks of further spread
- New context from 1 July 2016, under the new national BJD framework and Biosecurity Act 2014 – a shift from regulatory protection to industry management
- Producer responsibility for herd and property protection – the disease, how to assess risk, new tools and management options.
Presenter: Dr Lawrence Gavey, Principal Veterinary Officer – Biosecurity Queensland along with host John James (FutureBeef).
Who should register for this webinar?
This event is for anyone involved along the beef supply chain including producers, processors, brand managers, supply chain managers, agents, consultants and consumers.
The session will be recorded and a link will be sent to all those who register. So if you can’t attend on the day, you won’t miss out.
To successfully participate in this webinar
- Reserve your webinar seat now by following this link. Or copy and paste this into your web browser: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6545687763270060804.
You need to register to receive your personal login details (if you don’t receive an automated response within a minute or so, check your junk email folder).
- Click the option to ‘Add to Outlook calendar’ to get an automated reminder to join the webinar.
- Test your computer set-up beforehand by going to this Citrix website (http://bit.ly/citrix_test) and click on the ‘Join a session’ link. If you have problems, contact your local computer support or the friendly GoToWebinar support team (1800 356 792 in Australia).
- Join 10 minutes early on the day of the webinar. You can interact by typing questions in the Q&A panel or by raising your electronic hand.
This is a BeefConnect event, brought to you through a partnership between FutureBeef and Beef Central, with funding from the Queensland Government and Meat & Livestock Australia.