Following its first meeting today, the new board of Cattle Australia has been announced, including the inaugural chair of the new national representative body for the Australian grassfed beef cattle industry.
Garry Edwards from New South Wales was elected Deputy Chair.
Mr Foote said the first priority would be to unite the industry.
“We have a responsibility to every grassfed beef cattle producer to make Cattle Australia a success and deliver on its mission – to be the voice of grassfed cattle producers, leading the cattle industry to a stronger, more sustainable future.” Mr Foote said.
“Cattle Australia is a democratic organisation, and its inaugural Board is well-experienced and one of high calibre.
“It shows that our industry is serious about putting the right people in the right places to move our industry forward.
“I would like to thank the council members of the Cattle Council of Australia. I know many of you will continue to fight for producers in new roles, including on our Policy Advisory Council.
“I thank those that have supported us to this point and call on all levy-paying grassfed cattle producers to get in behind Cattle Australia and help it achieve its goals and mission.
“Our Board feels there is no better time to become a member of Cattle Australia.
“If we make the best of this opportunity, we will all benefit.”
The new Cattle Australia Board consists of:
North Australia Beef Research Council catchment:
- Bryce Camm – Grazier, Camm Agricultural Group
- Adam Coffey – Owner/Director, Coffey Cattle Co
- David Foote – Director, Tandarra Partners
Southern Australia Livestock Research Council catchment:
- Elke Cleverdon – Owner/Director, Cleverdon Agriculture – Grassfed Black Angus
- Garry Edwards – Managing Director and CEO, Maureen Pastoral Company
- George King – Managing Director, The Whitney Pastoral Co and Manager, “Coombing Park”
Western Australian Livestock Research Council catchment:
- James Bowie – Beef Producer, Bowie Beef
Source: Cattle Australia