Eight workshops down, and a broad range of red meat and livestock industry stakeholders from across the NT, Queensland, WA, NSW and Victoria have provided their input to the direction and focus of the next Meat Industry Strategic Plan.
In what is a first for drawing direct, grassroots input into the development of MISP4, almost 200 producers, processors and exporters of Australian red meat and livestock, and a variety of other stakeholders, have so far provided their thoughts on the key priorities and challenges that the industry must collectively address towards, and beyond, 2020.
RMAC chair, Ross Keane, said he was encouraged by the largely constructive feedback received.
“We’ve heard some very clear messages about what red meat and livestock industry stakeholders see as their most important issues, as well as what they expect from their representative and service bodies in addressing these matters, “ Mr Keane said.
Some of the key messages from feedback received so far have been around:
- Opportunities for increasing value in the supply of Australian red meat and livestock;
- A greater emphasis on promoting education in, and career development, in the red meat and livestock industry, and agriculture more broadly;
- A desire for effective, more streamlined industry leadership and advocacy; and,
- The importance of, and opportunities associated with, delivering and marketing industry sustainability.
As the workshop schedule moves further into southern Australia, Mr Keane reiterated the importance of taking up the one-in-five-year opportunity to help shape the industry’s overarching strategic plan.
“MISP gives direction to the red meat and livestock industry as a whole, and MISP4 in particular will focus on defining, allocating responsibilities for, and reporting progress against our biggest challenges and opportunities in the future.”
“The workshops are a great opportunity for industry stakeholders to help directly shape their industry, from its highest level”.
Remaining workshops are scheduled for:
- Hamilton VIC – Thursday 16 October – http://hamiltonmisp.eventbrite.com.au
- Launceston TAS – Friday 17 October – http://launcestonmisp.eventbrite.com.au
- Adelaide SA – Monday 3 November – http://mispadelaide.eventbrite.com.au
Click on the URL for details and to register your attendance.