NATIONWIDE listings on the AuctionsPlus online marketing platform continued to increase this week, with an offering of 11,642 head, up 28 percent on last week.
While just under three quarters of listings came out of NSW, strong bidding activity was observed out of NSW, QLD and VIC, with buyers out of southern QLD particularly active.
Joined females were well represented, but did not draw strong bidding activity. Joined heifers averaged $1221 and ranged from $940 to a top price of $1350, paid for a line out of the Speriby North Genetic offering.
Out of Inglewood, QLD, a line of 32 Angus heifers PTIC to Wagyu bulls returned $1150.
Joined cows ranged from $755 to $1240 to average $1019, with the top price paid for a line of 24 PTIC cows sold over two lots, aged 7-9 years out of Evandale, TAS. They will be making a long journey north to QLD.
On the mainland, a line of rising eight-year-old Angus cows, PTIC to Wagyu bulls from Wellington, NSW returned $1200. In other breeds, a line of 66 composite cows, PTIC to composite bulls and aged four years, sold for $935.
Cow and calf units were scarce in numbers and well-received by buyers. Prices were down slightly on last week, averaging $1341 and selling from $1000 to $1800, with the top price going to a line of 50 Rennylea blood Angus first-calvers from Lang Lang, VIC. The calves at foot averaged 80kg and were made up of heifers only.
Out of Cunnamulla, QLD a line of 57 Brahman and Brahman cross cows aged 5-10 years, with 64 calves at foot returned $1210. The calves were sired by Charolais and Angus bulls, and the cows have been running back with the same bulls.
The Speriby North Angus Genetic Female sale offering achieved notable results, with three vendors offering a total 350 EU accredited females which received strong enquiries from three states. Cows and calves from Titibar Pastoral, Deepwater, NSW returned $1620 and will remain local.
PTIC heifers from Benvale, Emmaville, NSW sold for $1350, topping the joined heifer prices, and were out of Penola, SA. Heifers offered by Cunich, Tenterfield, NSW ranged from $1200 to $1280 and will travel north into Queensland. These heifers, along with the cow and calf lots were purchased as herd rebuilders.
In a breakdown of young cattle sold this week, by weight range:
- Steers less than 250kg sold from 242c to 373c to average 305c/kg; while heifers sold from 204-340c to average 253c
- Steers 250-300kg sold from 261-300c to average 283c; while heifers sold from 200-269c to average 234c
- Steers 300-350kg sold from 265-315c to average 287c; while heifers sold from 250-270c to average 258c
- Steers 350kg+ sold from 264-313c to average 296c; while heifers sold from 219-294c to average 255c
- 5-8 month old, 201kg, Angus/Angus/Santa H’ford steers from Stanthorpe, QLD sold for 314/630
- 5-7 month old, 195kg, Droughtmaster/Santa/Hereford steers from Stanthorpe, QLD sold for 290/565
- 9-12 month old, 285kg, Angus steers from Yelarbon, QLD sold for 290/825
- 7-8 month old, 226kg, Angus steers from Bingara, NSW sold for 310/700
- 9-11 month old, 292kg, Angus steers from Walcha, NSW sold for 300/875
- 9-11 month old, 302kg, Angus steers from Gulargambone, NSW sold for 297/895
- 8-10 month old, 310kg, Angus steers from Corryong, VIC sold for 315/974.45
- 9-10 month old, 261kg, Angus steers from Tamleugh, VIC sold for 299c/780
- 7-9 month old, 311kg, Angus steers from Towong Upper, VIC sold for 296/918.86
- 9-10 month old, 247.9kg, Angus steers from Stewart Range, SA sold for 303c/750
- 8-9 month old, 346kg, Angus steers from Coonalpyn, SA sold for 286/990
- 15-16 month old, 416kg, Angus steers from Harrogate, SA sold for 264/1095
- 7-9 month old, 182kg, Angus steers from North Scottsdale, TAS sold for 374/680
- 5 to 6 month old, 177kg, Simmental/Angus steers from North Scottsdale, TAS sold for 364/645
- 8-9 month old, 360kg, Angus steers from Mole Creek, TAS sold for 313/1125
- 8-9 month old, 350kg, Angus/Angus/Hereford steers from Mole Creek, TAS sold for 313/1095
- 5-7 month old, 192kg, Angus/Santa/Hereford heifers from Stanthorpe, QLD sold for 248/475
- 7-10 month old, 206kg, Angus/Santa Gertrudis heifers from Roma, QLD sold for 241/495
- 10-12 month old, 278.1kg, Angus/Santa Cross heifers from Roma, QLD sold for 234/650
- 18-24 month old, 417kg, Angus heifers from Bukkulla, NSW sold for 294/1225
- 8-9 month old, 239kg, Angus heifers from Warren, NSW sold for 284/675
- 18-23 month old, 432kg, Angus heifers from Inverell, NSW sold for 257/1110
- 9-10 month old, 212kg, Angus heifers from Tamleugh, VIC sold for 260/550
- 22-24 month old, 366kg, Hereford heifers from Mount Taylor, VIC sold for 219/800
- 8-9 month old, 340kg, Angus heifers from Coonalpyn, SA sold for 270/915
- 9-10 month old, 243kg, Angus heifers from Stewart Range, SA sold for 254/615
- 7-9 month old, 181kg, Angus heifers from North Scottsdale, TAS sold for 340/615
- 5-6 month old, 207kg, Simmental/Angus heifers from North Scottsdale, TAS sold for 298/615
- 9-12 month old, 348kg, Angus heifers from Westwood, TAS sold for 259/900
- 7-8 month old, 286kg, Angus heifers from Golconda, TAS sold for 270/770
- 9-12 month old, 290kg, Santa Gertrudis heifers from WEST BINNU, WA sold for 249/720
- 10-12 month old, 353kg, Santa Gertrudis/Angus heifers from WEST BINNU, WA sold for 233/820