The Invasive Animals CRC will embark on a nationwide 17-stop roadshow in coming weeks to showcase the latest technologies and information available to control wild dogs and foxes, feral pigs and rabbits.
Invasive animals cost Australia more than $1 billion annually in stock losses and lost productivity.
The CRC’s PestSmart roadshow will be conducted in conjunction with partners, Meat & Livestock Australia, AWI and the Murray-Darling Basin Authority.
The series of information days, outlined in detail below, will criss-cross the country starting in Queanbeyan NSW on January 30 and ending in Townsville, North Queensland on May 1.
The Roadshow will also showcase the PestSmart Toolkit – which is a national online collection of invasive species information.
Before, between and after the Roadshow dates, the Invasive Animals CRC encourages livestock producers, farmers, public land managers and others with responsibility for the control of invasive animals to visit the PestSmart website: and examine the PestSmart Toolkits on specific invasive animals to guide them in policy, legislation, control tools, best?practice management and implementation.
Space is limited so in order to secure a place at one of the Roadshows, producers should register here.
Each Roadshow starts at 8am through to 5pm at all venues will showcase best practice pest management incorporating currently used techniques and the latest innovations. Free morning and afternoon teas and lunch will be provided.
New products to be covered include:
- Wild dogs and foxes: Para-aminopropiophenone (PAPP) baits, Blue-Healer antidote, mechanical bait /toxin ejectors and Lethal Trap Devices
- Feral pigs: Pigout, Pigout Econobait, Hog-Gone, HogHopper and a nitrite concentrate
- Rabbits: carbon monoxide fumigator and freeze-dried Rabbit Haemorrhagic Disease for carrots
- Foxes and cats: spray tunnel technology.
Information and product demonstrations will be brought to producers directly by the Australian species experts.
Roadshow dates and venues:
- Queanbeyan, NSW – Monday 30 Jan, Queanbeyan Conference Centre
- Forbes, NSW – Wednesday 1 Feb, Forbes Services Memorial Club
- Albury, NSW – Friday 3 Feb, Albury Commercial Club
- Naracoorte, SA – Tuesday 7 Feb, Naracoorte Town Hall
- Horsham, Vic – Wednesday 8 Feb, Horsham Sports and Commercial Club
- Mildura, Vic – Friday 10 Feb, The Setts
- Port Augusta, SA – Tuesday 14 Feb, The Barracks
- Port Lincoln, SA – Thursday 16 Feb, Ravendale Community Sports Centre
- Carnarvon, WA – Monday 20 Feb, Carnarvon Civic Centre Woolshed
- Kojonup, WA – Wednesday 22 Feb, Memorial/Lesser Hall
- Esperance, WA – Friday 24 Feb, Esperance Civic Theatre
- Bourke, NSW – Tuesday 28 Feb, Diggers on the Darling (old Oxley RSL)
- Charleville, QLD – Wednesday 14 Mar, Charleville Memorial RSL Club
- Toowoomba, QLD – Friday 16 Mar, Highfields Cultural Centre
- Armidale, NSW – Tuesday 20 Mar, Armidale Ex?Services Club
- Bairnsdale, VIC – Tuesday 17 April, Bairnsdale RSL
- Townsville, QLD – Tuesday 1 May, Townsville RSL
For more information, visit this website or phone Suzy Balogh 0418 417 943, email: email@example.com